So You’re Engaged? Here Are the 5 Things You Need to Know Before You Start Planning Your Wedding
Now that you’re engaged, the next step is planning your wedding! This can be a very exciting time, but it can also be overwhelming. That’s why we put together this list of five things you need to know before you get started. Read on for helpful tips on everything from choosing your wedding venue to staying organized during the planning process!
- Start by creating a budget: One of the first things you should do when planning your wedding is create a budget. This will help you keep track of all your expenses and ensure that you stay within your means. A budget will help you to know how much you can realistically spend on your wedding dress, catering and more.
- Choose your date wisely: Be sure to choose a date for your wedding that works well with both your schedules and the availability of your chosen venue. Keep in mind that popular dates can fill up fast, so it’s important to book early.
- Make a rough draft guest list: Another important step in the wedding planning process is creating your guest list. This will help you determine how many people you need to accommodate and what size venue you’ll need to reserve. Guest count also plays into the budget, so be sure to take this into account when making your plans. When you have more guests, that also means more seating, more food and more drinks.
- Choose the Oklahoma wedding venue that fits your vision: Oklahoma has a plethora of unique and beautiful venues for your wedding day. Whether you’re looking for a rustic barn or a more modern setting, you’re sure to find the perfect place to say “I do” in Oklahoma.
- Stay organized: Last but not least, it’s important to stay organized throughout the wedding planning process. Keep a notebook or spreadsheet with all your vendor information, budget details, and other important information. This will help you keep track of everything and ensure that nothing gets forgotten along the way.
We will go more in depth on a couple of these topics in the next few weeks so stay tuned!